Sunday, December 25, 2011

Hmm...What's for Dinner

I typically have a very difficult time deciding what to eat.

It's really bad, just ask my husband.

I can be known to skip a meal simply because I'm not in the "mood" for anything. However, I am realizing that I really don't need to eat according to my moods or according to my cravings. I must eat to get my body through the day. It's like the fuel we put in our cars, it's what makes the cars run. Of course we need to put the right fuel into our cars, and in the same respect into our bodies. The car doesn't think "hmm...what fuel should I put in today". No, we put in the fuel that is recommended to make the car run most efficiently. Thus, is why I am on this new healthy-eating kick. I am trying to gain a different/healthy perspective on eating.  I sure have a lot to learn and will still ponder occasionally what's for dinner, yet I am excited about all the resources out there that provide yummy recipes to try!

Recently, I stumbled upon a lovely website with all kinds of fabulous recipes (all low calorie!). So, I decided to try the recipe for Meatball and Spaghetti Soup from Skinny Taste.


Of course, mine doesn't look as fabulous as it does on the website...but it was so GOOD! I highly recommend. :)

I altered the recipe slightly by using wheat pasta and a little more spaghetti sauce.

Next time I am pondering what's for dinner, I am going straight to my bookmarks/pins and looking up something new and exciting. It's fun to try new recipes and it feels good to know that I found a healthy alternative to my good ol' fashioned pack-on-the-pounds recipes.

No comments: