Monday, January 16, 2012

10 lbs Down!

It has taken me almost a month, with our vacation smooshed in the middle, but I've finally made it to 10 lbs lost. I am very excited!

The Changes I've Made:
  • Currently I am eating only fruits, veggies, whole grains, and occasionally eggs (or egg substitute). For the most part, eating this way isn't difficult for me. I love fruits and vegetables, and feel that I can be very creative in my meal choices. 
  •  I am also drinking only water or tea, everyday. I have discovered that I need to be drinking more water, so 64 oz. is my target water intake each day. So far, I've only drank 64 oz. of water one day this week, but I am trying to get better about it.

  • Finally, I used picnik.com to create the motivational desktop background above, from photos I found on tumblr and pinterest. Of course it says stay "stroong", as I couldn't figure out how to fix it not to say that. It is very motivational for me, though, when I see it each day. Also motivational to me is reading blogs by others who have forged the way in this journey and been successful. Here is one such blog:
http://www.jensjourney.com/   

There are still things that I need to change and hope to change:
  • Drink more water.
  • Get to bed earlier, as well as get more sleep.
  • Workout and find a fitness regime that works best for me.

No comments: