Wednesday, January 25, 2012

15 lbs Lost!

Trust me, there have been a few moments where I've wanted to give up and go back to my old way of living/eating.

One such case in point happened when my hubby sat next to me the other night scarfing down pizza. Pizza is a weakness of mine, for sure. I probably could have tackled him for a slice, but I maintained my composure (and it helped that he left the room when he saw the tortured look on my face).

So, I have stuck to my plan and made it through the holidays and the first month of the new year.

I can only tell the difference in my face, so far. Can you see a difference?

I've learned a lot in the past couple months:

1. Grapefruit does taste good without sugar. :)
2. It is very rewarding at the end of the day to see that my choices have been healthful.
3. It is good to have a plan for those times when I don't want to spend a ton of time cooking. I have a few really enjoyable meals that are quick and easy. They are my go-to meals when I don't feel like pretending like I am a master chef.
4. Add lemon to your water. Seriously, it somehow makes the water taste a million times better!
5. There is a whole world of recipes out there for people who want to eat healthy.

Keeping #5 in mind, remember my goal of eating two meals a day from the Hungry Girl Cookbook? Yeah, that didn't play out quite like I expected. But, I have added three things into my eat-healthy-or-die repertoire:

1. Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges. The Hungry Girl cookbook had this cheese in practically every recipe that I saw in the book. So, I decided to give it a try. It is delicious! Just add one wedge to your omelet and voila! Yum scrumdiddlyumptious.



2. One recipe from the Hungry Girl Cookbook that I will never have to live without, again.... Pizza-fied Grilled Cheese! Goodbye, pizza cravings! :D

3. Hungry Girl can be viewed on YouTube! How awesome is that?

2 comments:

David said...

I shouldn't have eaten pizza. So sorry for that. I won't eat that in front of you anymore.

P.S. I'm so proud of you.

Patty Ann Smith said...

Congrats on 15 lbs. I am really proud of you!! I have only still lost 3 lbs. But I've not been that great at it yet :( I want to try the Medifast Plan- but Dad doesn't seem to think I should do that????? Anyway I'll keep trying!