Thursday, January 12, 2012

Calorie Count- Weight Loss Tool Review


This is a tool I recently stumbled upon that helps me to track my food and calorie intake. I am trying really hard each day to track all my calories, because I know that it will lead me to success in weight loss. Many people do not like to measure what they eat, nor do they like to log food all day, but it really has shown me results so far. I decided to find something that would make the logging easy and fun. Thus this review of caloriecount.about.com.

The thing I like about Calorie Count is that I can leave the dashboard open and log my food and activity all day. If I am not near my computer, I can jot down what I ate and log it later.


I also really like the nutritional analysis on Calorie Count, because it tells you where you are lacking in nutrition and where you have had too much (say sugar, for instance). I have actually found that with my recent change in diet that I am eating less calories each day than I want. Which this, too, can be counterproductive to weightloss. I am aiming for 1200 calories each day, and when you eat healthy that can be a LOT of food. Yet, each day I find that I have been averaging around 1,000 calories. This isn't good, as some people might think. So, I really like Calorie Count for the fact that it keeps me on track and holds me accountable for eat what I need to eat, not any more or any less.

There are many other reasons why I like Calorie Count, and some things that I'm sure I haven't discovered yet. I do feel that it is easy to use, it has many options (such as adding your own recipes), and it is motivational (check out the calorie camp!).

What weight loss tools do you all use on the internet?

No comments: